Friday, January 21, 2011

dear 50, 60, 70 degrees...

I want warm weather back!! I'll take the 50's over this crap! Do you realize we are in the single digits? YES, it is FIVE degrees outside! Please summer, come back.


I have decided that I'm going to try and sell Caleb's bedroom set and get him a new toddler bed for his birthday. Maybe he will do better in a not so crib-like bed? Problem with his crib/toddler bed is that the rail isn't long enough and he falls out of it. He still moves a lot in his sleep. I searched everywhere on the internet and this is the bed that I've chosen. It's the only one I've found that has full length guards... thoughts anyone?


Today was quite a busy day (for me, at least). Caleb went to his dad's at 9:30 this morning and while he was there I went to Stephanie's to play Wii with the kids. It was very much enjoyable! We had Hometown for lunch, delicious! Turns out I'm not any better at throwing a frisbee on the Wii than I am in real life. Rachel (the 5 year old) is better at all of the wii games than me. I really need to invest in one of those. If only money grew on trees. Speaking of video games, I really miss my guitar hero. I've been having withdraws lately and I think that will be my next purchase for myself... a new Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2 because it's been thrown around and played so much that it's all scratched up and you can't play half the songs. Yup, I think I'll do that soon.


After I picked Caleb up, we went to Brooke and Brian's and had a play date with Bennett and Brayden (even though Brayden can't really play yet). I miss them so much! I need to quit being so lazy and actually have our weekly play dates. The boys are too cute together and they play very well together now. They used to fight over toys all the time but Caleb had so much fun with Bennett today! He is seriously by far the cutest ethiopian kid I have ever seen. Caleb absolutely loved playing with Brian too... he used to be afraid of him. He was cracking up with him today. Brooke and I ended up at Babies R Us, my weak zone. I got Caleb a couple new sippy cups, a lock for the front door (I hope he can't figure it out) and a potty. I can't believe I just bought my child a potty! I don't intend on trying to potty train just yet, but I thought it was a good idea to have it sitting in the house so that it's not foreign territory when we do start trying. He was so funny when I opened it today and already knew exactly what to do with it. He sat on it and said "pee, pee." It was too cute. Now, if only it were that easy, huh?


I've been kind of catching up with an old best friend through FB messages the past few days. She lives up in Indiana and I really miss her! I am so glad to have such strong and loving people in my life. I have always admired her for her strength and determination and am really hoping we can regain the bond that we used to have. Things are so different now and I wish she lived closer so I could see her more. I went to her wedding last summer and actually got really upset thinking that I should have been standing up there with her. I should have been beside her when she was shopping for dresses and doing all that fun wedding stuff. It made me sad to realize that I had let her down and let our friendship slip away. She is a prime example of the type of friends and people I need in my life and I am sorry that I can't go back and fix how everything played out. I love you Megan Lynn Penner Boser!




Day 5: A picture of my favorite memory
I have to say I am torn between three here. Apparently through this process you will learn that I am a very indecisive person! (I figured you will see enough memories of Caleb on here, so these are outside of those memories) The first two, I don't have pictures for :( All my older pictures are on my old computer that won't turn on. Upsetting, I know.


So, number one: sitting (or sleeping under the desk) in yearbook, goofing off, and creating techno dance parties with flickering lights while Mrs. Reedy was out of the room. And I can't leave out doing an entire spread, copy and all, in one class period on the day it was due because we spent all of our time doing the things mentioned above. If any of my yearbook friends read this, they will definitely appreciate it.


Number two: long nights at Red Robin with Megan, Chelsea and I running the place. It didn't matter who else was working, the three of us could handle a two hour wait by ourselves. That's how good we were :) List after list of people waiting, but don't worry, we had it completely under control. In between acting totally ridiculous, texting people, blowing up balloons and helping out the swamped servers. Oh yes, and always mouthing off to Scott because he never knew what he was talking about and he always messed things up. Hanging out there waiting for each other to get off, or just hanging out when there was nothing better to do (don't forget the free ice cream that Troy would slip us).  Good times, those were. I kinda miss that crazy place!


This picture represents number three. As much as I sometimes did not want to go into work (who likes to work, right?), I really miss working with my babies at Vanguard. It was such a blessing and an amazing experience to watch this group of little ones grow and learn each and every day. Yes, I got barfed on a time or two... or multiple times a day. Haha! But seeing all these faces and smiles brightened my day no matter what. I became so attached to them and it makes me really miss those days when I think about it. At one point, there were so many "lead" teachers in and out that I was the only consistent person these babies saw every single day. I knew their routines, how they slept and what time their parents came. Savannah (above) had really bad reflux and I actually had to take her to the sink to burp her because she threw up so much after she ate. These kids all turn three this year. It's crazy how fast they grow (as I am learning with my own)!


I am tired now and about to head to bed to snuggle with my little boy. I'll continue with the next picture tomorrow. Hopefully the high is above 18 degrees tomorrow. I might just become an icicle here soon if it doesn't warm up at least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment